Meet Our Team > Service Dogs – Levi & Willie
Meet our Service Dogs
Levi is a 5 year old beagle who has giant, soft ears, a gentle demeanor and will happily lay on your chest and even place his nose on yours to let you know he’s there to support you.
Willie is a 10 year old loveable, calm and gentle Shipoo who loves to cuddle and give kisses to whoever he encounters.
In accordance with St. John Ambulance, Mountain View Dental Group is proud to offer the services of Levi & Willie, our therapy dogs. Patients that may experience anxiety or fear during dental appointments should take advantage of this service and request for Levi or Willie to join them at their appointment.
In order to offer this service officially, the dog has to go through special evaluations and supervision with the St. John Ambulance. A dog cannot simply be brought in off the street to do this kind of work. This is why Levi & Willie are so special, he has been given the green-light to take on the job of comforting our patients.
We understand that this is a rather new concept for dental clinics but we feel its an important service to offer. We also understand that some people are not comfortable around dogs and we make sure that Levi & Willie are only seeing patients that request the service. They will not meet anyone outside of requests.
Some general guidelines to follow are:
- Levi & Willie are at the office to work. If you see them in the office but have not requested them, please ask if you want to meet him rather than just going up to them.
- Do not feed Levi & Willie anything while at the office.
- When you’re in the chair with one of them, their purpose is to sit with you while you have treatment done. Please avoid playing with him so that the dentist/hygienist can complete their work.
- Levi & Willie will always have their handler/care-givers with them at all times, so expect them in the room with you as well.
- If you have allergies or any concerns while Levi & Willie are in the office, please do not hesitate to inform our staff and we will make arrangments so that everyone is comfortable.
- If you feel you could benefit from a visit with them at your next appointment, please call ahead and let us know. We will try to accommodate as best we can.